So last semester I got to do an independent project in my chemistry class. Somehow I got the bright idea to measure the amount of chlorophyll in Utah lake. I heard chlorophyll levels indicate pollution levels, and I know Utah lake is miserably dirty, so I thought it might be interesting. I go through all the sample collections, extractions, arguing with the teacher, and spectrophotometric readings only to find out there is no chlorophyll in the stinkin' lake. The funny thing is that it turns out algae, the stuff that produces the chlorophyll, doesn't really like the cold, barren wasteland of Utah either. They only come out in the summer. I wish I could be more like them.
Ok, 1st of all - love the title. That's funny stuff...bore-o-phyll! Sounds pretty sucky Clephen - sorry! Also, who wrote the "about us" section?? That's funny funny stuff. Love it! Best of luck trying to avoid the cold, barren wasteland of Utah :(
ReplyDeleteI think that is the funniest title...very clever! And I also have worked with chlorophyll so I understand. I only wish that I would have known you were going to do that project in the winter so I could have warned you! (Idaho experiences very similar results...obviously) Anyway, at least it's over...right?!?!
ReplyDeleteWell Becky, I wrote the "about us" section. It seems I have a particular flavor of written comedy that only a few fully appreciate. That is why you and I are such great friends Becky.
ReplyDelete